Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Christmas Prep: Avalanche Cookies

We all have those Christmas treats that we only make during the Christmas season.  It's one thing that makes the Christmas season so special.  One of my very favorite treats are called Avalanche Cookies (side note: I realize that one of the biggest draws of cooking blogs is the photography of the food, I haven't made these yet this year and have no pictures, but if you'd like to see them, go here).  This is a new favorite recipe of mine, I only discovered it a few years ago. They are so easy and so delicious and everyone I have made them for has scarfed them down.

Here's the recipe: (which I double and triple so I have a lot of gifts and a lot for my family)(and here is a printable version)

2 cups crispy rice cereal
1 cup mini marshmallows
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 bag white chocolate chips

Mix together the rice cereal and the mini marshmallows in a bowl and set aside.  Melt together the chips and peanut butter (I do it on the stove, but you could do it in the microwave).  Mix everything together and drop by spoonful onto aluminum foil or wax paper.  So easy and so good.  This will be a hit in your house as well!

What is your favorite no bake cookie recipe?

No comments: