Monday, February 15, 2016

Currently: February 15


I am reading Eligible by Curtis Sittenfeld, this is a great modern day retelling of Pride & Prejudice.  It won't be out until this spring, and by the time this posts I will be done reading it.  It's so good!
I am listening to the Tanis podcast.  It's a pretty intriguing story of the search for a fictional/mythical place called Tanis.  It's probably not for everyone, but I am really liking it so far.  The problem is I am all caught up and it only comes out every 2 weeks.  So I am going to let a few more episodes build up before I listen again.

There is a streaming service called Acorn TV.  It is only $4.99 a month and it mostly shows British, Canadian and Australia TV.  Some of it is current and some of it is old.  My least favorite thing is that there is no app on my smart TV for it, so I have to watch on my computer or ipad.  But I recently got interested in a show called 19-2.  It's a Canadian police show that is really good.  
I am using bright orange sticky notes to keep track of Carter's scholarship applications.  One thing I have discovered is that you should apply for most of them, even if you don't think you qualify.  Some of the programs award scholarships to most of the applicants.  It's worth putting in a little effort even for a little bit of money!


No comments: