Friday, January 22, 2016

My New Favorite App: Twilight

Sometimes I have trouble sleeping.  I know, join the club, right?  But, it was driving me nuts so I went looking for some answers.  I had always heard that you shouldn't use a device before bed and since I read from a Nook or play around on my phone a lot before bed I wanted to know why.  Experts all agreed that it has to do with the blue light of a screen.  So I wondered if there was an app that dampened that effect and THERE IS!!!  It's called Twilight and I do think it helps.  I put it on my phone and Nook and it just takes away the glare of the blue screen and adds a warm tone to it.  Normally I don't have trouble falling asleep, but its when I wake up in the middle of the night that I have problems.  Now, I read off my Nook and I believe that this app helps me fall back to sleep.  You can set it so it starts automatically at sundown or you can give it a time to be on and off. 


 Unfortunately it is only available for Android devices. 

No comments: