Thursday, April 16, 2015

SpringTime

Carter just got back from a school field trip to Moab.  Yes, field trips have changed quite a bit since my days.  He loved it.  He loved being down there and exploring and being outside.  He is talking about wanting to take a group of friends down there for a senior trip next spring break.  I am way more on board with this than I would be with him going to Hawaii.  He just had a blast. 

Max is playing spring soccer and let me tell you, this year will be way different than last year and here's why--Max is in a leadership role!  Kids are looking up to him, he is having a good attitude and his first game at goal he did a really good job.  Seeing him in this new light is so awesome, I can't even tell you.  This season will be wonderful for him because the coach needs him to perform a certain way and is encouraging him to be a leader.  I am already seeing a different kid.   And yesterday, Carter and a few high school players went and practiced with Max's team and Carter said Max played really good in goal.  That might be the biggest compliment for Max yet!

I am coaching spring track at the middle school.  I had forgotten how much I love it.  I get to coach the high jump and since I feel I really do know what I am talking about practice each day is a breeze.  And I love this age of kids.  So far do good!

How is your spring going?

No comments: