Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Happy March

In the past week my oldest son turned 17.  Ugh.  It's such a weird time of life because I look back am sad at how fast it went, but I look at my teenage son and am just amazed at how wonderful he is--and I am so excited for him to continue to grow and become his own man!  It was very cool because his friends created a scavenger hunt for him to find his present (which was an expansion pack for Settlers of Cataan, a game they all play together).  It was really cool, they printed QR Codes for all the clues so that's what he had to find and scan at each spot.  I was so impressed they made this for him!

I also had my annual girl's weekend a few weeks ago.  We used to spend the weekend scrapping and talking and getting stuff done.  Now we haul all our stuff down there, spread it out, watch movies, eat and talk.  Not a lot of work got done, but it was very therapeutic and fun.

Max's last middle school play was last weekend.  He played Razoul in Aladdin Jr.  He had a great time, but is ready for a little break before getting into the swing of things with spring soccer.

Aren't you loving this wonderful sunny weather.  Many people don't love the brown of this time of year, but I don't mind it.  The sun is out and even though all the grass is brown, you just know that in a few weeks green will be coming through.  I just love the change of seasons!

What have you been up to these past few weeks?


No comments: