Thursday, July 10, 2014

Summer Report

I have been doing a lot of stuff so far this summer.  Here's what has been capturing my attention:

The World Cup:  What a World Cup!!  Such good games, so intense.  So sad the US is out, but now I am free to root for Germany!  Man, there are some really good looking soccer palyers out there.

Haven:  My sister had been after me to watch this series for awhile so when school got out I gave it a try.  LOVED it!  Went through all four seasons (they are shorter because it's a Syfy series) in record time.  Great show!  I have also been catching up on shows I DVRed this spring--like Orphan Black and Penny Dreadful. 


Tattoos:  I got a new tattoo (my sister and I got matching ones).  Because of this, I haven't been able to take a bath, which is something I do once or twice a week and a place I get a lot of reading done.  In fact, I went rafting yesterday and the scab came off before it was supposed to on account of it being wet a lot so I am hoping I didn't wreck it! I am going to go in early next week to see what they say, however, I don't think I can get it fixed until after our Salmon River trip.

Salmon River:  We are part of a group going to raft the main stem of the Salmon River in Idaho this summer.  It takes a lot of planning because we will be on the river for six days and five nights.  I am not a huge fan of camping, but my family is so excited and they give me the courage to step out of my comfort zone.  

ADD:  I know I shouldn't make light of ADD but I feel like I have it lately when it comes to books.  I have a huge stack that I brought home from school and more on my Nook.  I am so excited about reading most of them so I have a hard time staying focused on one. Then there is more TV and sleep and relatives and fourth of July.  Lots of things are conspiring to keep me from getting anything done!

How is your summer going so far?!

No comments: