Monday, March 17, 2014

Catching Up

I have been busy for the past month!  Here's what I have been up to:

*My Summit volleyball team won the championship again this year.  It was super fun but there was one team that gave us a good run for our money.  Ironically that was the team I had the most fun playing because they were really good and they played volleyball, not just-get-it-over-the-net ball. And I made it through the whole season without getting hurt!  That's two years in a row!

*Max was Grandpa George in a play here at the middle school.  He did a great job and was very fun to watch.  He is learning and growing so much in acting and singing!  I love it!! (I don't have a Grandpa George picture yet though).

*I have to admit there was a week there in February where I think I slipped into a depression.  (It was the week before my "womanly" time so maybe that had something to do with it, not sure).  It was hard to be motivated to do anything.  I am glad it was only a week!  If I had to feel that way all the time (and I know what I was going through was mild, not clinical), it would be a very hard thing to do.

*Now that I am doing better I am doing some cooking again.  We are never home at the same time, so it's a lot of eating around the kitchen counter, but at least it's a good meal. I tried:

Maple Glazed Ham Steak:  pretty good.  I had some ham steaks I needed to finish up so I tried this and served it with scalloped potatoes.

Million Dollar Casserole:  this one was a hit and we had a bunch left over for lunches!

I also made Carter Mongolian Beef for his birthday dinner.

*Carter is 16!!  We had a poker party for his birthday party and Scott was the dealer.  It was a huge hit--the boys decided they wanted to do it every month, but Scott said he would not be dealing every month.


 *I have been adding a lot to my Pyrex collection.  I got into a group on Facebook that talk a lot about thrift store finds.  So I decided to focus there.  It's easy to find a lot of Pyrex, and it's also easy to find a lot of expensive Pyrex.  I am looking for things I think I will use, not having the goal of "collecting" every piece from a certain pattern.  In other words, I am not as picky as some collectors. It's been fun, and I am using a of of what I have collected.  Tomorrow I will show you my new display...

Now that spring is here we are going to be busy with soccer, again.  Makes the time fly!  Hope your month has been great!

No comments: