Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pyrex

Something monumental happened to me this weekend.
It's not necessarily a good thing, but it's not really a bad thing either.

My mom had this darling blue bowl in her cupboard so I asked her if I could have it.
She said I could because she's at the point in her life where she is ready to start getting rid of stuff. 

I don't know if most of you are aware but occasionally I get obsessed with things.  Really obsessed. 

And this bowl, this one little bowl, has kicked up my obsession with vintage Pyrex.

My mom had a few other pieces in her cupboards she gave me.  And then I went online and holy cow, there is a lot of Pyrex out there.  And I LOVE it.  I love how old fashioned and wholesome it looks. 

I did go to an antiques market yesterday that has quite a lot of Pyrex and bought a few small things.  I also made myself a rule collecting rules that I hope I can follow.  And I made myself a little list of things I would like so when I am out looking I can try and stick to that. 

For now, I am just happy to have what I have and am excited to see what I can find out there!! (There is a ton on ebay but I am trying to avoid that because of the shipping costs).


1 comment:

Niki W said...

I love bowls of all shapes, sizes, colors and materials. I love throwing parties so that I can use all of my different bowls to put things in. Sometimes it is a hard decision which one to use, but they are all so different. Have fun! Let me know if you're looking for anything in particular. They come up a lot at my aunt's estate sales!