Saturday, January 04, 2014

Hey There

I hope you all had a great Christmas, mine was spectacular.  The whole break was so lazy and so relaxing and just so calm.  It was very nice, but like always I do enjoy heading back to work.  January should move pretty fast for us--Remicade for Carter next week, Max auditioning for Willy Wonka Jr at school, Carter very busy as basketball team manager, Scott and I cleaning and organizing our storage room.  And guess what?!  For the first time in 7 years I don't have to coach any basketball or go to any basketball games.  I miss watching Carter playing, but I am enjoying watching basketball games a lot more without the stress of my son playing!

I haven't been cooking much but I did try one new recipe in December that was very good.  One Pot Ziti.  The one problem being that I used tomato sauce instead of crushed tomatoes and found that it was a bit too thick.  So use crushed tomatoes for sure.  Both Carter and Max liked it and there was a lot of leftovers, which is always good.

Also, it's a new year and I have a new planner.  It's just like always, but I made some changes:
*no lines in the date blocks means I can doodle and decorate each date if I want.
*I have also started using file folder labels for those functions I have a lot of, like practices.  I love this new element!  (I got this idea from the Erin Condren planner I ordered and ended up not loving last spring)
*my new cover, with lots and lots of my favorite things in rainbow colors, love this!
*and there's new fonts and new quotes and lost of empty dates and journal pages to write on.
*one other change I made was to start each week on Monday, rather than Sunday.  The reason I did this was I often messed up my weekends by forgetting to flip forward to see Sunday.  It just made more sense to have them together, so that's what I did.  It's too early to tell if I like this or not. 
Everyday I open it I smile, I love that I made something that makes me so happy!


So, my new year is starting out great, hope yours is too!

No comments: