Thursday, August 22, 2013

Instagram in Picmonkey

You know how much I am loving Instagram this summer so I decided to try and create the Earlybird look on a photo using picmonkey.  It turned out to be pretty easy.  In fact, the one on the left is the instagram picture and the one on the right is the one I created.

Not bad.  This was my second try so I think with a bit more work I can make an even better version.  Here's what I did:

I uploaded the picture to picmonkey in the "edit a photo" section.
I cropped the photo to a square size (you can set to square if you click the arrow where it says "no fixed portions").
Under effects I used "Rapture" (this is a pay effect).  I set it to 20%.  Some of them you might need to lighten a bit first then use Rapture.
Then save this to your computer and close this picture out.
Go to "create a collage."
Using the generic collage they start you with (it's a square), delete a few of the cells so it is just one big square.
Upload the picture you just edited and put it there. (to upload a photo to the collage feature click "open photos" find your picture and click open).
Click the gray art palette on the left side to make the final adjustments.
Set corner rounding to 50%.
Set spacing to 60.
And change the color (this changes the background color).  Where it says "fffff" type "fcf3d6".  This gives you the light tan color.
Save to your computer and voila!

Not sure if you will try this or not, but if you do and find a better way, please share it with me.  The best part about this is that it doesn't change the original version so you can have a regular one and an instagrammed one!

No comments: