Friday, April 19, 2013

Panda Express Noodles

Max's favorite thing about Panda Express is the noddles.  He loves them, but he doesn't' love all the cabbage in them.  He also loves their Orange Chicken so I am working on copying that recipe.

The first time I tried the noodles were awful.  I found a Chinese noodle that I had to boil but then they all clumped together and they were not at all flavorful.  I used an orange chicken that I got from Costco that was too spicy.  Everyone in the house said it was ok, but none of us were delighted with it.

So I kept searching.  And I am happy to report that this week I made great strides, here's what I did:

I found that Panda Express sells their orange chicken sauce so I bought that.  I used the chicken from the Costco box but used the Panda Express sauce.  Verdict, still good, but I used too much sauce.  Plus, I think next time I will cook the chicken pieces then stir fry it in the sauce a bit so it doesn't just coat the chicken, but gets cooked on there.

However, I found a copycat noodle recipe that was AWESOME.  The actual recipe can be found here, but I modified it slightly (meaning, no cabbage) so you can print out mine here.  They were so good, in fact, that I will be keeping the stuff around my house (mostly just the noodles) so they can be made as snacks.  Carter had just gotten his lower braces on his teeth and couldn't chew but he ate two bowls of just the noodles. 

Also, I know Trader Joe's makes a good orange chicken, so I might get that next time we are in Spokane. 

The meal planning hasa been pretty successful so far!

How was your week?

No comments: