Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My Battle with the Crock Pot

Let me just go on record right now and say crock pot recipes that only cook for 2-3 hours do me NO GOOD WHATSOEVER!
Now that I have that out of my system here's my tale for today.
Tonight is the Braves Soccer Awards Banquet.  I asked if there was anything I could bring and it was requested that I bring a crock pot full of macaroni and cheese.  Now, I have never made anything but macaroni and cheese from a box so I set about finding a good recipe.
This is the one I decided upon.  It looks great and easy and someone in the review said they just threw everything into the crock pot and it came out fantastic!  I went shopping for ingredients and was good to go.  Then I read the directions.
It only cooks for 21/2 hours!
Seriously?
I do not have a crock pot with a timer and I have to be at the banquet at 5:00.  So that means I have to run home sometime during the day to start the crock pot.
I am going to because I actually like the idea of having a good homemade macaroni and cheese recipe with minimal effort.  I think I need to get a crock pot electrical outlet timer.  They have those don't they?
I will let you know how it turns out!!

(However I don't think I am going to taste it until I get to the banquet because if I taste it at home nad it's not good I will have no time to make anything else!)

3 comments:

Niki Warnell said...

You definitely need a crock pot with a timer. I bet your MIL would get you one for Christmas. They are AWESOME!

Jana said...

I used to have one but it broke. But the last thing I need is another crock pot--so I am thinking I can find a timer that goes into an outlet and that I plug the crock pot into. We'll see!

The Macaroni & Cheese was awesome though!!

Anonymous said...

Use a Christmas light timer w your crockpot.