Friday, July 27, 2012

Comfort Zones

This summer has been an interesting one for me.  Overall, it's been great, but it took me a little bit to get into the swing of our favorite activity--rafting.  I had a hard time getting going without feeling a lot of fear when hitting the white water.  I feel best when I am with Scott so after a few times I relaxed.  I relaxed enough to even go CAMPING on an overnight raft trip (well, two nights).  This was such a giant step outside of my comfort zone I cannot even tell you!  But I had a great time, most importantly the boys had a great time.  A great few days.

Carter stepped out of his comfort zone when he rowed the whole rapids section of the Middle Fork of the Flathead River.  I was pretty sure he wasn't strong enough, however, Scott assured me you don't have to be strong, just be able to read the river, and he totally can read the river.  It was so cool!


Max stepped out of his comfort zone to jump from the railing of the bridge by West Glacier.  I won't even jump off the main part of the bridge let alone the rail.  He was amazing!

We've been busy, how about you?!

1 comment:

Jo said...

Has Scott done anything outside his comfort zone. Proud of you Carter and Max. I can not believe that you took the boys camping by yourself, way to go!