Thursday, April 26, 2012

Window Washing Saga, cont...

 (okay, I had all these posts scheduled to go live--one on Monday, one on Wednesday and this one today.  There was a glitch, though, and NONE of them went until I checked today.  So, to understand this one you have to scroll down to Monday's post and read that one first)

So, Monday Scott went out and bought me some great new window washing supplies.  I decided to tackle the windows on out porch.  These are the windows that get the water from the sprinklers on them.  And also, I think I have washed windows ONCE since we moved into that house.  Needless to say, they are gross.  I started washing and one of the windows washed up great.  Perfect.  Clear and crystal.  Like birds will fly into it!

The second set of windows did not clean up well.  Water spots, dirt, just gross!!

I cleaned them with my new method (water, dish soap, scrub and squeegee), didn't work.  So I made up a mixture of water, soap and vinegar, still didn't work. So I used Windex and then scrubbed, but no go.  So I went on line (research is my job after all).  Someone had the suggestion to use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.  Of course!  I don't know why I didn't think of that.

I got one out, got it wet and scrubbed that window.  Then I squeegeed it and success!

I know you were all hanging on the edge of your seat there, but phew.  Done and done!

No comments: