Wednesday, April 04, 2012

The Keurig Dilemma

I had a Keurig and I loved it.
But, it broke.  I did everything I could to fix it--went through all the troubleshooting in the manual, called the company, everything.  Still wouldn't work (this was last spring).  So I took it back to Costco (who, by the way, are the very best at taking back returns).  They refunded the money and I bought a new one.
The guy at Costco recommended using distilled water only and for a long time that worked.
Until about three weeks ago, then it stopped working!
I again did all the things that the manual recommended and still, no go.
So, I took it back to Costco and they refunded again (after almost a year--they rock).
I did not replace it this time.
I took my Costco cash card and thought long and hard about what I was going to do. 
I ended up getting a programmable coffee machine.  It is super cool as well, but I do miss my Keurig!

2 comments:

Renn said...

I would feel like my arm had been cut off if my Keurig died! Sorry for your loss

Karen Downs said...

Just got on your blog and read a few posts. I miss hearing from you. I have texted a few times, but not sure you are getting them or ignoring them...(I hope that is not the case) Anyway, it is good that life is moving along and it sounds pretty "normal" and good. Happy for you!! Take care.