Friday, January 06, 2012

My Favorite Things (January Edition)

I always am really proud of myself if I actually make dinner, but if I try a new recipe and it's a success, well then I feel like I could walk on water. On Wednesday I made pork chops. The most AMAZING pork chops ever! You can get print the recipe here OR you can watch a video of them being made here (which is a wonderful website, one of my new favorites). I had to run home at lunch and when I walked into the house and smelled them cooking my knees literally went weak. The smelled so good! And they were just as good as they smelled. I normally don't like pork chops because they are so dry, but no these! They were just wonderful. And everyone gave them the thumbs up!

I don't know if you've noticed but I really am into the way things smell. Not sure if my nose has gotten more sensitive or if good smells just make me feel good, but I have found two l=things recently that smell so good and make me feel so good when I smell them!

First of all, Refresh shampoo and conditioner from Trader Joes. I don't like getting up and I really don't like showering the first thing after I get up. Using this product helps me feels better about both things. I love the way it smells!

Mrs. Meyer's Cleaning Supplies are pretty cool, but I really don't like the smell of most of their products. Except the Honeysuckle stuff, specifically the Honeysuckle dish soap. It is so good! When I add some to the hot water in my sink and lean over and smell it I am just hit by suck a summertime smell. Ahhh!

And an update:

Target has the Inkjoy pens I wrote about a little bit ago.
They have an extra big pack.
The more I use them the more I love them!!

What are your favorite things right now?

1 comment:

Renn said...

That's funny, I always buy the Refresh shampoo and conditioner when I visit Trader Joes--wish MT had one! I have to say that smells and lightening are my favorite things right now. If I have one of my favorite candles burning and my favorite little mood lights on in my house, I'm at peace even if it's filthy dirty and looks like a bomb went off!