Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer Entertainment

TV:

I am loving Torchwood: Miracle Day (on Starz). Torchwood is a British spinoff from Dr. Who, but it has come to the United States. It is super good.

I am also liking all the summer basics: True Blood; The Closer; Weeds. Also some new shows: Franklin & Bash and Teen Wolf.

I have also watched one show that I had recorded from Masterpiece last winter: Downton Abbey. It was so good! Then I checked out Sense & Sensibility (a BBC miniseries from a few years ago). It was outstanding. Nothing like some good period shows to watch in the summer!

Movies:
I didn't love Harry Potter. I loved it but was very disappointed in the final duel and I can't seem to let it go.

I really liked Captain America, Horrible Bosses was funny as was Bridesmaids. Super 8 was also really good. I can't wait for Cowboys & Aliens though.

Music:
The Edge of Glory by Lady Gaga is our song of the summer.

Books:
My goal is to read 36 books this summer and I am at 17. I have about five weeks left (I am going until Labor Day). I think I can do it!


How have you stayed entertained this summer?

1 comment:

Renn said...

I loved every part of HP7 except the final duel, I was very disappointed. Edge of Glory has been our summer song as well, even before the world cup (still very disappointed over that too). Joe told me yesterday that Hope Solo is his girlfriend :) Can you believe August is next week??!!