Monday, May 09, 2011

Here I Sit at 40...

Today's the day, I am now 40. I remember when my mom turned 40 (I had just turned 10) and she got a sweatshirt from her friends that said, "I'd rather be 40 than pregnant." I can attest to that!

But, it's just a number. I cannot imagine there is anything else I would have hoped for at this point in my life (well, today I would have to say that I still want a Nook Color but more than that I want some answers for Carter's health issues). But overall, I love my kids, my husband, my job and my house. 40 is not bad at all!

I gave my gold star for last week to Venessa from Simon & Schuster. She sent me a copy of Dust & Decay which is the sequel to Rot & Ruin, one of my favorite books from 2010. In fact, besides The Penderwicks at Point Mouette, Dust & Decay was the other book I was most looking forward to in 2011.

Hope your Monday is great!!

1 comment:

Niki W said...

I hope you have a great 40th! I think that age is just a number and that it is all in your mindset. My mom turned 40 the day after I turned 20 so I felt like I was really old when I turned forty since my son was only 4! Yeesh! But they definitely keep us young! Love you!!!!