Saturday, April 09, 2011

Catching You Up

So I am going to lay it all out there, where I have been this week. And I am going to discuss some gross stuff. Ready? Here we go:

Carter has been really tired and pale. For about a month. I just thought he hadn't truly gotten over when he was sick in late February. But he also was having diarrhea, for about the same length of time. I didn't think much about that either because he didn't really complain about it ever. But, last Sunday night he commented that his stool was white-ish. That got my attention.

So we went to the doctor to get some tests run. He had some blood drawn and I had to collect a stool sample (I warned you it would be gross).

Turns out Carter has really low iron levels in his blood. Very low. So he has iron deficiency
anemia. That in itself can be taken care of, but we aren't sure why he has this deficiency. So, next week, more tests and for now iron supplements.

I don't think it's anything serious, but it gives me something to worry about!

1 comment:

Lorri said...

Prayers for it being a non-issue. Keep us posted. cyber-hugs.