Monday, February 14, 2011

Gold Star & Scrapbooking

This weekend we had our annual scrapbooking camp. It was a blast as always, tons of food, movies, chatting and scrapping. One thing I have decided is that I am going to make mini albums (I used some I got at Target) one (or so--2009 took me two and that was without our vacation pictures being in there)for each year, and one for big events. I think I have gotten to the point where I take really good pictures and I need to let those speak for themselves. I also hate that my pictures are never on display (some in frames, but not enough) and nobody really wants to sit and read someone else scrapbooks (unless that are about you or you are a scrapbooker). So, these mini albums will be sitting out and everyone can look at them. There is a little journaling in each one, but nothing that makes it overwhelming to look at.

Scott had a great weekend with the boys. He was productive and cooked and just generally had a good time. He was in a really good mood when I got home which just shows me how much he enjoyed his kids this weekend!

So, anyway, I am giving my gold star to old friends. I love making new friends and I cherish them, but to have the comfort of a friend that you don't get to see or talk to as often as you'd like, but can pick up at a moments notice like there was never a lull is so special!

I don't get to see Renn very often at all and we do email and text some, but when we see each other it's just like we'd saw each other only yesterday.

The group of friend I went scrapbooking with is a group I used to see once a month, but now it stretches out, and our lives are taking us in all directions, but we can just pick right up where we left off!

That is such a wonderful thing to have!

Who got your gold star this week--please share (that was the deal, remember?)?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen sister!

Love you Court

Lorri said...

I love the sentiment behind your gold star this week! So true!

My gold star this week goes to a church acquaintance who has become a friend through her awesome, encouraging, consistent, hilariousness on facebook. No matter what I post, she has something sincere or witty to comment. Or sometimes she just posts on my wall for no reason. And when I went on my facebook fast, she made a point to leave me a voicemail on my work phone with something she would have posted to my wall. Facebook opened the door to enriching this relationship - I can't think of another opportunity in which our personalities would have synced up this way in real life. And she gets the gold star for making the most out of social media. :)

Niki W said...

My gold star goes to my husband and the chef at Thai Lotus! It was a crazy day with JP being sick so I did not eat much all day. I joked to Rob that I was hungry for Thai food and he stopped at one of my favorite places on his way home from practice and even though they had been closed for about 30 minutes, they whipped up a HUGE order of chicken panang curry for me!

A HUGE gold star to Rob for trying and succeeding and an extra HUGE gold star to the chef and staff for making it happen. This is the second time they have done this (first was for me when Rob was admitted to the hospital) and I am a forever customer because of it!

Renn said...

Aaaahhhhh, I love you my friend!!!

Mr. Nikunen said...

I couldn't agree more! :) This blog thing of yours is fun ;) Love you and thanks for all your movie commentaries, I can hardly watch anything anymore without thinking "where's Jana when I need her?" ha! You're the best. Jill

Anonymous said...

Ok, that wasn't MR NIKUNEN's comment, but I can't figure out how to change it "where's Jana when I need her?" hahahahahaha JILL

Jana said...

Oh Jill! You are the best!
I knew it was you :0).

Engellant said...

Gold star goes to the stranger who scooped up my scared son (freaking out at the top of Chair 2)and skiied down the hill with him on his back. We may not make it off the Magic Carpet again this season but I'll forever be grateful to mystery man.
Second gold star goes to Raylan for finally returning to tv. Makes midweek much better!