Monday, January 24, 2011

Gold Star

Sorry for the lateness of this post! We've been in meetings all morning.

So, my GOLD STAR this week wen to someone I have never even met before. With my book blog I have found that if you request a review copy of an upcoming book most of the publicists will send you a copy (being a librarian helps also I am sure). But, there are a few copies that I have either never found emails for or have never gotten a response from. Two weeks ago I sent a request to someone at Disney Worldwide Publishing with a request for the sequel to a book I read last spring and loved. I didn't expect a response, but last Thursday I GOT THE BOOK!! I was so excited, so my gold star goes to Deb at Disney Worldwide Publishing. Thanks Deb!

Who got your gold stars last week?

(Also, I am reworking some of those menu pages for next years planner...exciting!)

8 comments:

Niki W said...

My gold star goes to my neighbor Julee who invited JP and two other kids over on Saturday for a two hour playdate. She entertained five five-to-seven-year olds for over two hours!!! Heck, that deserves a PLATINUM star!

And I got to go home and do some much needed deep cleaning of my living room before my mother in law came for dinner on Sunday! LOL!

Jana said...

I am not sure you (or any of us) can ever clean deep enough for that!

Renn said...

My gold star goes to one of my basketball girl's mother who brought over a pan of lasagna last night for my family knowing we were in Helena all wknd (bball) and then working all Monday and 2 basketball practices last night...it was the best dinner I have ever had (not having to make it made it even better)!

Jana said...

That is AWESOME. She TOTALLY deserves your gold star!! And some kisses.

Lorri said...

Looking around your house and trying to see things through your mother-in-law's eyes - crazy-making!

My gold star was originally going to go to MYSELF for my facebook/farmville fast. (It's going very, very well!)

But I changed it to my husband. We had Ethan's 8th birthday party and took 6 boys swimming at the Hampton. He was in the water the whole entire time, playing "sharks" and letting all the boys hang all over him. It was such a joy to watch. Then he took our boys swimming again the next morning. He was a rockstar daddy this weekend.

Jana said...

That is so cool Lorri! Makes you love him just a little bit more doesn't it...

Engellant said...

Gold Star goes to Drew who discovered the brand new bag of English Muffins sitting on the kitchen counter and took it upon himself to make breakfast for the entire family. So proud of Drew's thoughtfulness that I couldn't tell him that I now was without Sam's snack for school that morning and needed to add a grocery stop to my list of to do's. You win some, you lose some!

Jana said...

Wow, neither of my sons has ever thought to make breakfast for the whole family! That is totally impressive.