Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bright Side?

I am one that normally can change the way I view something especially when something is annoying me. (Actually I normally avoid the issue or person. But if I can't do that I just try to make the best of it).

For some reason I cannot look on the bright side of winter!! I am just so sick of the cold and the snow. Then we have a great day that is kind of warm and things start to get melty, then we freeze and it's all icy. Then we get more snow. ARGH!

So, I need some positives about winter...

Cozy house. Sweaters. Hot chocolate. Sledding.

What else? Help me out here!! What do you like about winter?

5 comments:

Lorri said...

We lived in Phoenix for about 18months. Aside from the fact that it's where Z was diagnosed with autism (bad memories), sunshine every single day is not what it's cracked up to be. Same, same, same, same, same - kind of depressing. As humans, I think we crave variety. I'm not one to love these dreary days either. But my heart never sang with the peeking of the sunshine in March in AZ the way it does here. Think of this as your valley that makes the view from the height of spring/summer/fall that much more sweet. :)

Jana said...

That's really true Lorri. When the sun finally does come out there is no place I'd rather be! Good point.

Nicole said...

Starbucks with a friend!

Engellant said...

I LOVE how clean my mudroom is AFTER snowpants/winter jackets/boots/etc. are finally packed away for the season. However, I wouldn't fully appreciate the ease of Spring/Summer without the added burden of Winter. Something I love about winter: Scarves (the cheapest way to add color & variety to any ho hum day)

Jana said...

Those are all good reasons as well. My mom knitted me a really cool scarf that I love. And Starbucks is awesome anytime of year, but I certainly like doing that better than walking in the cold!