Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Patience

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23

This month I am focusing on the fruits of the spirit, just trying to draw on them when I need them. I need one today. Patience. My week is barreling downhill and I am not sure what is at the bottom. I know that everything will be fine and will get done, because it always does. But right now I am panicked. And then I hurt my knee playing volleyball last night so I am limping and in pain. Patience.

When I was in high school I had these excellent devotional books. There was one section that focused on one fruit of the spirit a week. I loved those weeks. I am going to go back to that feeling.

Watch this video. It is an interview with Angie Bjorklund, who I am sure you all remember is not really related to us, but we feel we can claim she is. She plays basketball for Tennessee. This is a great video, she is an excellent role model. I hope you all have lots of patience this week. I know I am working on mine!!

No comments: