Tuesday, February 16, 2010

So Cool

I am trying to adopt the philosophy that if you want something, you should ask for it. So many people don't do that! I have an acquaintance who does and she drives everyone nuts because she is always getting things her way. Granted, she words her requests more like demands, but she still gets what she wants. In fact, I have been guilty of giving in to her "requests" as well even when I don't really want to.

I digress. The whole point of this is that you all know I run a book blog. In fact, that is why I don't post here as much lately because I have been working on that one more (sorry). I get so jealous when I see other book blogs getting ARCs of highly anticipated books (advanced reader copies). I found one website that explained that most publishers don't mind if you ask for an ARC. So, I started asking, and GUESS WHAT?! I have started getting!!

So far I have gotten two of the ARCs I requested and three positive responses from e-mails, so I will be getting more. It is so cool! It's like I am in a secret club.

No comments: