Monday, February 22, 2010

I know this winter I have not been great about posting daily so that is one of my goals for March. I am going to practice this week...

*I think our USA winter Olympians are better looking than our summer Olympians. Maybe that's just me. Carter is in love with Gretchen Bleiler. This has been a really fun Olympics to watch, don't you agree?

*It is amazing what the sun can do for your spirit in this valley. I love that it is staying light a little later in the evening and that it gets lighter earlier in the morning. But, I love that on Saturday I got the energy and desire to organize one of our storage rooms in the basement--rather than wait for spring break like I originally planned.

*As wild and busy as January and February have been I am not looking forward to the first weekend in March (except for seeing Jo & Jack & JP--they will be here then). We have a traveling team tournament (here in town), an indoor soccer tournament, and I have to work at the Summit. Not too bad, it sounds like, but I just found out that Carter's traveling team is hosting their gym for the tournament that weekend. This is really good because we get a lot of money from doing that--entrance fees and concession stuff. Since our coach pays for everything--uniforms & tournament fees-I am glad to do this to get some more money for the team. But, of course, I am in charge of this. So that means planning and getting volunteers. Last year we did this and it went really well...hopefully it will go just as well this year.*Old picture of the week. Man, he was darling. Right now I am PMS-ing so I am super emotional, but those Parenthood commercials (for the new TV show that starts after the Olympics), the ones that say "parenthood is...short" make me tear up. How about you?

2 comments:

Engellant said...

- I still check this every day and you've been missed! Let's get together sometime....in the midst of all your tournaments and various commitments!

Jana said...

I would love to do lunch sometime soon. And I promise, promise to do better. I hate to disappoint!!