Thursday, January 07, 2010

Random Thoughts

*I got a new computer at school. It is super fast and I love it so much. It could replace Scott, I love it that much. But, I would miss Scott for some things, like fixing the light switch in the basement.

*The worst thing EVER is waking up in the morning with a headache. Seriously, it totally sets the day up for bad things. Oh, no wait, the real worst thing ever is waking up with a headache and not having any of your headache medication to take. Might as well just write the day off, I say.

*Why is it if your body wakes up naturally geting out of bed is not a chore whereas if you wake up to an alarm it is super hard to get out of bed--even if it about the same time of day?

*I guess I can handle a few super cold days every winter, just like I can handle a few really hot days in the summer. I do love it when it is blizzarding outside and I am safe and warm and snug in my own home. Just like I love it when it is super hot in the summer and I am on the river. Gotta make the best of it!

*A blog I go to a lot is having a top 100 children's fictional chapter books poll. I entered my top ten choices. Check them out here. Last year she did a top 100 picture books list. She had people enter their top 10 favorites then she complied the list with a point system she created. She would countdown ten a week. It became a highlight each week to see which ones were next. I am really looking forward to this new poll. It was quite easy to make my list.

*Sometimes I feel that if I let myself I could go into quite a depression. I try so hard to not focus on the negative, but it creeps up. Currently I am depressed about how quick time is going with my children growing up and how I don't feel like I am a great mom to Max.

*On the subject of parenting, remember Mrs. Piggle Wiggle? Awesome books (in fact the first one almost made my top ten). An author decided to write an essay called The Last Days of Mrs. Piggle Wiggle. It is funny and sad and so true. Read it even if you've never heard of Mrs. Piggle Wiggle.

No comments: