Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Good Ideas

Over Christmas I won an online contest. Truth be told, I didn't even realize I'd entered a contest, but I won nonetheless. It was a free membership to a cookie of the month club for a year. We got our first batch last week and they were very good. Then I thought, I should do that to some local families for Christmas presents next year, a cookie of the month club. Then every month I will take them a batch of different cookies. I know several families who would very much appreciate this gift!

Here's what I think I'd do:

January: Classic Chocolate Chip
February: Snickerdoodles or Frosted Sugar (if I was feeling like it)
March: Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies (otherwise known as homemade nutter butters)
April: Oatmeal Butterscotch Chip
May: O'Henry Bars
June: Oatmeal Sandwich Cookies
July: Fruity Rice Krispy Treats
August: Whoopie Pies
September: Frosted Maple Cookies
October: Frosted Molasses Cookies
November: German Chocolate Caramel Brownies
December: ??? not sure and my recipe binder is upstairs

It is still January. I could still do this for a few people. Try it out. Maybe...

Lots of people ask me what to get a teacher for Christmas. Well, I struggle with that myself. not anymore. This year someone passed me along the best idea (okay it was Nicole). She said someone told her that they always give their kids' teachers a meal during the holidays. What a great idea! Everyone knows how awesome it is when someone else cooks for you! I am definitely going to try this one next year!

No comments: