Monday, November 23, 2009

Early Monday Morning

Sometimes your eyes pop open and you just can't get them to shut again.

So, while I am awake I will entertain you with my review of New Moon. I saw it twice this weekend. It was so much better than Twilight. Better directed, better acted, more money spent on effects, all around much better. I also felt it was very true to the books. Still don't love Kristen Stewart as Bella, but I am not sure I could like any actress as Bella because I just dislike that character so much. And Jacob was great. Jacob and Bella have such a good friendship that I actually had to wonder why she would pick Edward. Don't get me wrong, I love Edward, but seeing it played out on the screen gave me pause. There is almost no "joy" to Edward and Bella's relationship. It just seems like such a bother to them to have this love. It bogs them down rather than lifts them up and that's how it is in the books until the fourth one. But, I took a friend who hasn't read the books and she said she'd was more attracted to Edward by far.

So, well done. I know I will, but there is part of me that thinks I won't go to Eclipse because that was the least favorite of the books for me because it was when I really started to dislike Bella. I am not sure I want to go watch that dislike manifest itself on the screen.

I am not sure I will be able to get to sleep yet...

No comments: