Sunday, October 04, 2009

Yum

So, besides having a great weekend with my in-laws and nephew visiting, and watching soccer and football, we also spent the weekend making and eating caramel-chocolate apples. Delicious! The Fuji apples at Super One are so good right now, sweet, juicy and a smidge tart. I used a recipe but you really don't have to--unwrap a package of caramels and melt according to the package directions. Dip the apples into the caramel and put on buttered wax paper. Refrigerate about five minutes until caramel is harder. Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips then dip the apples into the chocolate. The first batch I did it with I only dipped the bottom half and drizzled a little over the top. The second time I did it I spread caramel and chcolate over the top half. To eat we cut them up into chunks. They are SO GOOD!

No comments: