Friday, September 04, 2009

In the News...

I check out a lot of blogs and websites each day. For some reason today I have found quite a few interesting things on the web and thought I'd share.

Here is a very good video on the health care debate. I have really avoided things on this, mostly because I don't understand it and I don't have much of an opinion. Yes, we, personally, have good health care. Yes, it sucks that many don't and yes it is a broken system, from all facets (insurance, doctors fees, malpractice lawsuits, hospitals, pharmacy), but I have not paid enough attention to have an opinion on how it needs to be fixed. This video doesn't tell me how it needs to be fixed, and it seems to not be one-sided, and after watching I still don't have much of an opinion, but I understand the debate better.

Next is an article about close-mindedness that I really liked.

Lastly is an article that hit really close to home, and made me shake my head. Read the quote from the principal under the picture. It makes me want to smack someone.

And Scott's soccer team won their opening game last night!! Yay! He really downplayed it, but then I saw in an article from Missoula that last year Hellgate (the team they beat) was the Western AA conference champs and they had 10 returning seniors from that team. So, in other words, this was a great win for his team!

2 comments:

Renn said...

OMG!!! That makes me want to hit somebody too!! Can any one say Nazi Germany, 1940's??? Books are precious in my opinion and I'm not even a librarian!!

zdoodlebub said...

Thanks for those, you are awesome. And as much as I love technology, the book thing creeps me out. We are so dependent on screens... What if a nuclear bomb hits Flathead Electric? :) Not to go all "Revelations" on you, but I'm pretty sure the Bible has warnings about our unquestioning reliance on the very technology we are so crazy in love with these days...

Now I'm off to update my google calendar, which has all my personal data as well as all of my family and friends' important information, too...

See what I did there? I flip-flopped. How open-minded am I?

(I kid, but I really did love that article, too. He hit it on the head...we hear certain buzz words and we either jump on the bandwagon or completely shut down.)