Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Double Edged Sword

So last night at the middle school open house we learned how we could get on and check our children's grades. Carter's team is piloting a whole new grading program and I think it is going to be a really good system. But here lies the problem: I checked his grade this morning and he got a 0 on an assignment I know he did. It is not listed as missing, but I do think he turned it in a day late, which shouldn't be a 0 according to the new system. A huge chunk of me wants to email the teacher and find out why it is a 0, but a whole other side of me is saying that Carter needs to be the one to go find out why it is a 0. And there is a part of me saying, "see, if he had a cell phone you could text him and he could get it settled today." But he doesn't and I am going to wait and have him do it tomorrow, after I talk to him about it tonight.

Scott's team lost yesterday. So, they've got 1 win, 2 ties and 2 losses. Not a stellar start. In fact, they haven't scored a goal in three games, which I am quite certain has never happened to Scott since he started coaching for the high school. I told him to plan a poker party for this weekend so he can do some relaxing!

No comments: