Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Am An International Chef

I make the grossest sounding dinner that is one of our favorite meals. It's called Chinese Sundae. The ONLY thing Chinese about it is the fact that sometimes we put Chinese noodles on it. Here's what you do...
*cook some cubed chickens (or some cubed chunks of chickens if your grocery store doesn't carry cubed chickens)
*cook some rice (we use minute white rice)
*set out in bowls: chopped green onions, cashews, shredded cheese, celery chunks and chinese noodles.
*put rice and chicken on a plate then let people add whatever toppings they want.
*THEN pour hot chicken gravy (we use the kind in a jar from the store) over the top.

So, we are eating Chinese Sundae for dinner and Max (his plate full of rice, chicken, cheese and gravy) sits down and says, "I love Chinese food!"

Nice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are cubed chickens? That must be some sort of space-saving Chinese breed or something. I can imagine that would come in handy. You could probably fit WAY more cubed chickens into a coop than, say, regular chickens. Somewhat along the lines of square watermelons, huh? I wouldn't think Montana would get cubed chickens before us, but once again, Montana grocery stores surprise me...

jana said...

You might as well log in if you are going to make comments like that. You can't disguise your tone.

zdoodlebub said...

Thanks for the great idea! I'm adding it to my menu list!

Renn said...

Whatever works, I say. You're funny, Robyn...ha ha

Robyn said...

I tried to log in, but Google/Blogger kept telling me I had the password wrong... I OWN my sarcasm, as you well know!