Monday, July 14, 2008

Dog Days

We are heading into the super hot part of the summer. Blech. For the next few weeks it's not supposed to get over 90, but I think it will. I always like to watch cold things during times like this, so I checked out the first season of Everest: Beyond the Limit-because it is so very cold and refreshing looking.

Our phones have been down for a week, except one of them, which is plugged into my modem. But since my modem has been patchy our phone service has been bad as well. What this means is that our messages pile up, but more importantly: out Tivo has not been able to update all week. Not good.

We went to Journey of the Center of the Earth on Friday. Both the boys and I really liked it. Lots of fun!

For the most part the summer movie season has been very satisfying! I loved Ironman (saw that twice), Indiana Jones, Sex and the City, Kung Fu Panda, Wanted and Wall-E. Max and I still want to see The Hulk (Carter saw it with a friend, but now we need to catch up).

The new Artemis Fowl comes out tomorrow. Love that freaky genius boy.

Anyway, I hope it doesn't break 90 today. Cross your fingers.

1 comment:

cmercord said...

I think you may have your idea of what looks "refreshing" a little out of whack! But ironicly somehow we (my kids and I) always put in "The Santa Claus #1 or #2" or "Mickey Mouse Christmas" this time of year. I guess that's why they say ...Christmas in July...

But still, I am thinking more of "Margaritaville" refreshing than "Everest!"