Friday, June 27, 2008

One for the Books

Let me paint you a picture—I never drink. Never really have, I don’t like wine or beer, and am not a big hard alcohol fan. Occasionally I will have a margarita. Last night my sister and her two daughters came to town and we all had dinner at my mom and dad’s.

I had four margaritas.

You do not know shame until you are laying outside in a hammock and feel the need to expel some of the alcohol from your body and you hear your ten year old son shouting, “Dad, Mom’s throwing up!”

Scott walked me home and put me in the shower because he was sure it would make me feel better. As I was getting in the shower he asked me if I had a library assignment due. Sure enough, last night.

Scott and Robyn wondered if they could help me with it, but I didn’t think I could fully explain MARC records or 245 tags to them sober, let alone in the state I was in. I don't even fully understand them! Luckily, my teacher has given me an extension and if I don't move too quickly I am feeling better this morning.

It's my mom's birthday today!

2 comments:

zdoodlebub said...

Ooohhh, I'm so sorry for you. I hate when that happens.

Renn said...

So sorry I missed it!!! I've only seen you in that state once before, waaaayyyyy B.K.!!!!! Just tell your kids you had an allergic reaction.