Friday, April 11, 2008

Friday Countdowns

*41 school days until my last day of kindergarten and the start of my life as a librarian!!
*1 day until Carter's first spring soccer game.
*41 days until Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull comes out.
*35 days until Prince Caspian comes out. (of course we will be in spokane for a soccer tournament that weekend. no matter, we will catch up later)
*25 days until the release of the fourth Percy Jackson book.

I cannot figure out why the borders website says that The Penderwicks has not been released yet when I can order if from Amazon. Crazy. Amazon even has an excerpt from the first chapter and it is delightful. These are the most cozy, sweet books.

Battlestar Galactica started last Friday and it was awesome. Another new episode tonight.

I gave up trying to read Prince Caspian to the boys, too many starts and stops. Currently I am digging out some of our favorite picture books and reading them every night. Max loves this, but I am excited to see how Carter even likes hearing all these books again. It is such a cozy sweet time with my boys. I am going to finish Prince Caspian so it is fresh for me before the movie.

Lately our favorite food has been Dutch Babies (or puffed pancake). I had these once years ago, my mother-in-law made them and I liked them, but didn't really think about them again until I read a book where the characters were eating them with strawberries. So, I bought strawberries and made them and everyone loved them and now we've had them about five times in the last two weeks. They are actually something I can make before school if I get them in the oven before 7:00. Yum!

Dutch Babies:

*melt four tbsp. butter/margarine in a 9 x 13 pan in a 400 degree oven.
*mix together four eggs, 1 c. flour, 1 c. milk and 1 tbsp. sugar.
*pour into the pan over the melted butter.
*bake 20-23 minutes at 400. This will puff up very high so make sure you put the rack in your oven down.
*cut up and serve with powdered sugar, maple syrup, fruit, or whipped cream.

1 comment:

Renn said...

We found Prince Caspian was too hard to read outloud as well, so we just read them ourselves. We ordered the 2nd Penderwicks and can't wait 'til it gets here. You have to read The Shack--amazing, soul searching book. Thanks for the router!!!