Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Butterscotch Brownies

I always find it amazing how I can be reading a book I enjoy and they make the slightest reference to a recipe or something special they are making and suddenly that sounds like THE BEST thing ever. I even tried to share this phenomenon with my cooking club by having a book theme one night but not a lot of people got the idea behind it. Some of them (myself included on some occasions) are not very creative. Today I am reading The Penderwicks on Gardam Street, which, if this is possible, is better than the first and totally makes me want daughters (although there is a house across the street that has two adorable sweet young men who make me smile). They had a reference to butterscotch brownies. Guess what I want to make tonight (although I doubt I will have time tonight since it is a totally crazy evening for the Warnell household). I have been searching and have found three good looking butterscotch brownie recipes. I will let you know how it goes!

No comments: