Monday, March 17, 2008

Weather and a Recipe

Today is going to be a perfect spring day in Montana. By that I mean within a two hours stretch we will have sunshine, wind, rain, hail and snow. This is why Montana in the spring is so interesting. I love when there is sunshine, but I really enjoy when there is a lot of weather changes. This is why spring and fall are my favorite seasons, lot of changes going on.

I got this recipe from my friend Jill. They are so good, like little granola bites. I made them for the birthday I had to do at school on Friday and everyone asked for the recipe. They are probably not something kids would love, but you could add chocolate chips if you really wanted.

Honey Cups

Mix together in a bowl:

3 c. oats
1 1/3 c. flour (could use wheat)
2 c. chopped almonds
2 c. coconut

In a saucepan bring to a boil:

1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. honey
1 c. butter
1-2 tsp. vanilla

Boil one minute, then pour over dry ingredients. Mix well. Spoon into greased muffin tins (I use mini). Bake at 350--12-15 minutes for regular size muffin tins, 8-10 for minis. Let them cool for about 20 minutes in the tins so they retain their shape. There you go!!

Today on my first full day alone I am going to:

*sweep the garage
*buy paint and prep room for painting (I don't think I will start painting until tomorrow)
*mail a package
*vacuum the living room

There is more on the list but I cannot remember what. I will also nap and watch some stuff.
Have a good one all!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

IS THE PACKAGE FOR ME ?!?!?!?!? You know I love it when you send me packages!!!

Scott said...

Are you going to give us a day by day game plan and mark off things done?