Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Thanks To...

Renn for being the first to post about reading a book in "I Love To Read Month" (which is February). She read one of my favorites, The Lightning Thief (which I have repeatedly recommended to another friend of mine because I KNOW her son would love it) and she of course loved it because it is awesome. So, if any of the rest of you have taken the time to read anything let us know about it. If you haven't here are some fun (and funny) blogs to take a look at...hey, it's still reading!
Fat Cyclist
Uncle Jay Explains (not really reading, but worth checking out)
The Pioneer Woman
Redneck Mommy
By the way I got all of these links from my sister who discovered them on the 2008 Bloogies Awards website. And this is just a taste of what is truly out there.

Of course if you are really looking for something to read, but something that is light and quick and fun I cannot recommend Diary of a Wimpy Kid enough. HYSTERICAL! Get over your prejudice of "children's/young adult" lit and read it already.

I have been revamping my book blog and really like the direction it is headed in. Check it out! I named it Cookies and Milk because what is better than dunking warm cookie in milk and reading a good book--comfort!

5 comments:

Renn said...

I've had a couple friends comment on the scripture cards you made for me. Do mind sharing how you did those? How's your headache? You can still drink espressos, right? Have a good Thursday!!

Anonymous said...

I keep forgetting to ask you, have you read the Spiderwick Chronicles yet? I have to read them before I see the movie, you know my rule.

Renn said...

I left that last comment, sorry, I hit the wrong button...

jana said...

yes, they are quick fun reads. You'll enjoy them. I think the movie is based on all five books (from what the previews look like).

jana said...

I will e-mail you the stuff for the scripture cards.