Thursday, February 07, 2008

Cold Turkey

I got really sick this afternoon--intestinal stuff and migraine--and had to leave school. I think my body was going through withdrawls from lack of pop/caffeine due to lent. So I drug out my old coffee maker and am going to try having a cup of coffee each morning so that I don't feel that way again. Maybe it wasn't withdrawl, but I sure felt lousy. Am doing better now.

I have about five books going right now. I was focusing on children's/young adult books for this month, but one came in at the library that I really wanted to read. It's called Come Back and it's going to be good--I think I will be able to get it done, and the two Warnell Book Club books I need to finish all this weekend, then back to the other stuff!

The one I am reading is about a mother and daughter and their "journey" through the daughter's addictions. It's moving pretty fast. I have seen a similar book but with a son and his mother that also looks good. Maybe I will add that to my list for later this spring.

Anyone else reading anything?

5 comments:

Niki said...

I finished two books this week, both by James Patterson - You've Been Warned and Beach Road. I normally really like his stuff but both were kind of odd.

I've got a new author I like too - Karin Slaughter - that writes murder/detective books. Looking forward to reading more of her stuff too.

jana said...

Thanks Niki!

molly said...

I just finished re-reading Homeless Bird. I can't remember who wrote it though. Already returned it to the library. Now I'm reading The Battle Of Jericho. My school librarian said that it was really good.

Have you ever read Petey by Ben Mikaelsen? It's about a baby who was born with cerebral palsy but was later misdiagnosed as an idiot. You should definitely check it out sometime!

jana said...

I did read that Molly. It was very good. Ben Mikaelsen lives in Montana...

jana said...

Molly, try Diary of a Wimpy Kid--it's hysterical!