Sunday, December 09, 2007

Weekend Notes

Got the house and tree all decorated, finally. I am going to wait until next week to put presents under the tree.

If any of you use Costco to get your pictures developed and upload to their site they have awesome new collage prints. I did one of Carter's soccer pictures from last spring. It turned out really good. I am going to frame it for a Christmas present. (Jo--I also did one each for Jessi and Cam of their Montana pictures. I think they will like that!).

I discovered Life on Mars this weekend. It is a British show (surprise). It is so intriguing. They are working on an American version that I think will turn out okay, but this one is really keeping me fascinated. I am going to transcode my downloaded versions for Scott so he can watch them on the TV because I think he'd really like it. Basically it's the story of a guy who is a cop in 2006 who gets hit by a car and wakes up in 1973. He can't figure out if he's crazy, really there or in a coma. Good stuff, great music.

I decided to not read Peter and the Secret of Rundoon right now. It depresses me because I LOVED Peter and the Starcatchers. Anyone who has a child who is a reader has to get it for their kids. It has been one of my favorite books of the last four years. But, I was pretty underwhelmed by the sequel, so I am just not as excited to dive into this one, which I think is supposed to be the last one. I am reading Queen Bee Moms and Kingpin Dads which I really am getting a lot out of. It's perfect for parents whose kids are entering their teenage years and while I have a few years I am really seeing a lot of what might happen when I read this. I checked it out but might go ahead and buy it so I can refer to it over the next 9 years or so. It basically talks about dealing with all the adults in your child's life--other parents, teachers, coaches, etc... Pretty good.

I had a nice relaxing weekend, but I am at the point of the year in teaching that I am feeling blah about and am thinking that if a library job does not come open and I have to be in a classroom again I might be unhappy. I know that I will go back and forth several more times before the end of the year.

Hope you all are well!

2 comments:

Renn said...

Have you read Queen Bees and Wanna Bees yet?

jana said...

Not yet. That's on my list but I haven't got it check out yet.